Monday, May 4, 2009

The Build is ON!

Is it news to anyone that I go overboard?! I doubt it. My imagination is wild, and I like to see things come to life. Probably one of my better traits of being a Mom.


Before my husband, this wasn't a dangerous thing. But NOW....watch out!


Case and point: our current adventure of building a new swing set.


Now, take a look at the old set.
Nothing wrong with it.
It worked, sure.
It was just so....Blah.
Right!?
Right.

So, the more we talked about what we wanted, the more we told our friends and family about our plans...the more excited we became to build THE best, THE coolest, THE most fun play area in our back yard....EVER!

(And I'm sure the boys will like it too.)

Here are the plans:


Complete with 7 seven-foot towers, a 5 foot tower, a rock climbing wall on the back side of the 5 foot tower, a tunnel underneath it (leading to the clubhouse no doubt) a big tunnel slide to come off the 7-foot tower on the right, a swing arm with swings coming off the left tower. (Notice the clubhouse even has a 2-foot front porch!) There is a bridge to connect the 2 7-foot towers, a periscope to spy on Mama from the tunnel, binnoculars and a telescope to spy on the neighbors from the left tower, and a steering wheel to drive anywhere little imaginations want to go!

With the plans drawn, Rylan is getting in on the excitement. He knew Sunday things were going to get started. He woke up like Christmas morning, racing to the backdoor, and tossing aside the curtains,

"Is my new playground there yet?!?!" Clever mom I am, I distracted him by offering chocolate donut with sprinkles!

Day 1: Cutting Sod - the guys came over and made a beautiful 18x21 foot mud pit in my back yard. (Anyone wanna wrestle?!) They got paid with beautiful strips of my backyard grass. I feel so much closer to them all somehow.

Next Week: Setting posts & skirting the structure.

We've been told to have beer on ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment