Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Moment of Clarity

I find it amazing how often I am taught by my kids. They teach me every day (okay - ALMOST every day) what is important - and there's nothing like having a 3-year-old put your entire world into perspective.

It's the little things too. Like trying to fit into my clothes again. My oldest son walked in while I was doing an exercise program,
"What are you doing, Mama."
"Just working out, Baby. I want to be pretty for you and Daddy."
"But Mama, you can be pretty all you want to...already. You want to paint with me?"

I melted on the spot. So full of love, my boys don't care what I look like. (Of course this is bound to change as they grow up and learn to be embarassed by me on pure principle alone.) AND of course I wanted to paint. And so we did - and then my big boy wanted to try to do my Jillian Michaels workout with me - weights and all. So we did that too!

1 comment: