Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm CRAZY?!

...or so I've been told. Nothing new, really. A little quirky, a little off the beaten path, a little (as my brother would say) out in left field...

Usually, I'd agree. I'd embrace it. But this time, I don't think so. I think I'm maybe just overeager. Again, probably nothing new.

Alright, enough preamble. So, I moved the boys into the same room. Am I crazy?? Rylan wanted Cooper to live with him. I figure - what could it hurt? I see my nieces sharing a room - and they get along so well! They seem to love it. Granted, I only visit and see best behavior I'm sure.

I never had to share a room. Or should I say, I never GOT to share a room? I don't know. But I figure at this age - why not? Worse case, I take the crib back apart and move it back. (please, please, please not again!!)

But for night #1, things went well. As Cooper snored, Rylan talked him and talked to him about all the fun things he wanted them to do together in the morning.

How cute is that?? I invision nights of telling secrets and giggles. Me having to go in and tell them time and time again that it's time to sleep. Why is it that the idea of that has me grinning from ear to ear?! AM I crazy?! Probably.

What do you think? It is the time for comments - growing up - did YOU share a room with a sibling? Did you love it? hate it? Leave a note and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I never shared a room, but I think it'll be great for them, especially if Rylan wants it. What are you going to do with the extra space that Cooper used to inhabit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is now "the playroom" or should i say - shoved all the toys from rylan's room. actually once the rocker goes...it will be quite perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother and I (two years apart) had our own rooms, but we so desperately wanted to sleep in the same room that my mom let me sleep in the other twin bed in my brother's room. I remember that arrangement lasting for years, but Mom swears it was just a couple of months. A lot of my best "going to bed" memories are from that period -- Mom or Dad reading to both of us, and then giving us each our own individual goodnight. And yes, lots of giggling and gossiping after we were supposed to be asleep. Pretty darn awesome. ... Missing you, D! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you too!!! Aww, thanks for sharing that. I hope that the boys grow up loving it - while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. plus, you've got one of the best mom's ever! if she did it, surely i'm okay. =)

    ReplyDelete