Sunday, May 10, 2009

Phase 2

Who knew that building Rylan a new playground would have my husband walking like a Grandma and whining like a school girl? I suppose that's what happens when you're inner child realizes he's living inside an old man body!

But look at the project they've taken on...


Saturday was a busy day - a beer before 10am kind of day. No, not for me, but for the guys out back dealing with all the chaos. Maybe it would have been a good idea for me too. I'll keep that in mind during the course of this next week.

So, after a week of tilling, weed-eating, spraying, laying (and nailing HUGE spikes - and YES, I DO hold the hammer right - thank-you-very-much! and note there are absolutely NO pictures of me manning a hammer or the tiller - but I have scars to prove I did both!) into the landscape timbers to surround the dirt area, putting plastic down to discourage any weed growth...we had a semi-truck deliver half a driveway full of wood.

Holes were dug, posts were set, the structure was skirted, and joyst have been hung on the lower level. Take a look at the progress, and our wonderful friends who have helped us get this far.



Casey David Kip



And one very excited and thankful little boy.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, it's really coming along.... can't wait to come over and play when it's done!!! YAY!

    Laura Gray

    ReplyDelete